The Culverhouse College of Business Executive MBA (EMBA) program requires a minimum of five years of professional work experience, active support from your current employer, and an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution. Candidates with a grade point average below 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) may still be considered for acceptance with conditions. Contact our EMBA office for more details. REQUEST INFORMATION NOW.
To set up a time to chat with an EMBA team member, please visit this site to set up a phone meeting: Introductory Chat
Prospective students for the UA EMBA must complete the following application steps.
1. Complete the Graduate School Application
To apply for the UA EMBA, prospective students must use The University of Alabama’s Graduate School application, which includes a non-refundable $65 application fee for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and a non-refundable $80 application fee for international applicants. Be sure to select “Business Administration EMBA” as your proposed major. The application fee is waived for U.S. Military Veterans.
For Huntsville program applicants, please select (Huntsville) for campus location. The entry term will be Fall 2023. The application deadline is July 17, 2023.
For Tuscaloosa program applicants, please select Executive MBA (Tuscaloosa) for campus location. The entry term will be Spring. The application deadline is October 21, 2022.
2. GMAT or GRE Score
The GMAT or GRE is typically no longer required for EMBA applicants who meet specific criteria established by The University of Alabama Graduate School. To qualify for this exemption, an applicant must have strong work experience (at least five years) with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better OR have already earned another master’s degree. Please get in touch with the EMBA office for additional information on this policy. For EMBA applicants with a GPA below 3.0, the EMBA program may require a 500 on the GMAT, 300 on the GRE, or score in the 50th percentile on the Executive Assessment. Please request that official scores be sent to The University of Alabama Graduate School.
3. Complete the Admissions Questionnaire Document
Please respond to the Admissions Questionnaire and upload your responses document into the “Statement of Purpose” location found in the “Upload Materials” section of your online application. This item replaces the Statement of Purpose required by the Graduate School. Contact Cheryl Altemara at 205.348.4501 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the Admissions Questionnaire.
4. Provide Two Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must submit two (2) professional letters of recommendation, which can be requested through your online application. One letter must be from your supervisor; the second letter may be from another person within your company or a client. Please ask your recommenders to address these five point in their letters:
1) How long have you known the applicant, and in what capacity?
2) What do you consider the applicant’s primary talents or strengths?
3) In what area does the applicant need improvement or growth?
4) Please discuss your perception of the applicant’s potential in a professional environment following the completion of the EMBA Program.
5) Please provide further comments that you feel would aid in the evaluation of the applicant.
For additional clarification or questions on this step of the application, contact Cheryl Altemara at 205.348.4501 or email@example.com.
5. Request College Transcripts
Official transcripts must be requested from all institutions where you attended and earned 15 credit hours or more, and must be sealed with a registrar stamp or be sent electronically from your institution to: firstname.lastname@example.org. International transcripts must be written in English or accompanied by an English translation provided by the issuing institution. University of Alabama graduates do NOT need to request their transcript/s from the UA Registrar.
Mailing address for transcripts:
Graduate School Office
The University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Graduate School Office
The University of Alabama
Rose Administration Building, Suite 100
801 University Boulevard
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487
Send electronically to: email@example.com
6. Participate in Personal Interview and Provide Résumé
A personal interview is required for all applicants. Interviews can be scheduled after the submission of your online application form. To set up an interview, please contact Cheryl Altemara at 205.348.4501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your application packet is completed, the EMBA Admissions Committee will review it as soon as possible. Applicants will be notified of the decision by both the EMBA office and the Graduate School office.
Tuition and Financial Aid
The UA Executive MBA Program’s current tuition & fees:
*Current Tuition: $65,000.00 ($63,000 Tuition & $2,000 Trip Fee)
- Course instruction and faculty
- Some reading materials (free library resources available to all UA students)
- Career counseling & workshops
- Special program enhancements – for example: outside speakers, leadership workshop
- Required international academic study trip – company visits, consulting projects & some group cultural events
- Lodging during international study trip
- Most meals during international study trip
- Some air, rail or bus travel between countries/cities (Does not include airfare from and to the U.S.)
Students are responsible for securing their own lodging, if needed, in Huntsville and Tuscaloosa while enrolled in either program cohort.
The University of Alabama provides financial aid information, scholarships, and GI Bill services for EMBA applicants.