Invest in Your Future
Our Manderson MBA is built on high quality and affordability that you will value. It pays for itself within 3.7 years according to Forbes’ 2018 return on investment ranking. Learn more about tuition and fees, financial aid and see our application process for highly competitive scholarship and assistantship opportunities.
The tuition breakdown listed below is based on 2018-2019 university tuition rates, and are expected to increase each year. For the most current rates, see University Tuition Rates. The MBA Reservation fee is due upon admission. It is non-refundable, and covers the reservation of your seat, LAUNCH and administrative costs, and is not a deposit towards tuition. It is also not included in the above cost/credit hour calculation. Tuition payment is due prior to the start of each semester.
Per the university rates, tuition is $5,390.00 per semester for in-state students and $14,615.00 per semester for out-of-state students. For the traditional MBA program, there are typically 2 semesters per year x 2 years for a total of 4 semesters (fall, spring, fall, spring). For the STEM/CREATE path to MBA program it is also typically 4 semesters (summer, summer, fall, spring).
|Projected Budget||Resident (in-state)||Non-resident|
|MBA Reservation Fee||$1,000||$1,000|
|1st Year Tuition||$10,780||$29,230|
|2nd Year Tuition||$10,780||$29,230|
|Total Two-Year Estimate||$22,560||$59,460|
Other Estimated Costs to Consider
- Required Graduate Course Fees: $250 per course
- Books & Supplies: $1,000 per Year
- Housing: See UA’s Off-Campus Housing Guide
- Parking (optional) – $200-$600 per Year
Explanation of Fees
- MBA Reservation Fee: This required fee, sometimes called a “seating fee,” is paid when accepting your place in the MBA class. It covers the reservation of your seat, as well as various Launch (orientation) and administrative costs. It is not a deposit towards tuition. Scholarships typically do not cover this fee.
- Graduate Course Fees: $250.00/course (ten courses in first year, nine or more in second year).
- Business School Technology Fees: $11/credit hour (30 credit hours in first year, 27 or more in second year).
Full-time enrollment for graduate students is 9–15 hours per regular semester. An overload fee is assessed for each credit hour in excess of the full-time tuition schedule.
All candidates for admissions are evaluated for available awards, with award decisions being made after admission has been determined. See Admissions page for details.
Visit any of the following websites to find out more about the financial aid available to students seeking graduate degrees:
- UA’s Financial Aid: http://financialaid.ua.edu/
- FEDERAL STUDENT AID SMARTSTUDENT™ GUIDE TO FINANCIAL AID
- FAST WEB
- THE PRINCETON REVIEW
- Go Grad Financial Aid and Scholarship Database