The Master of Arts in Management
A well-respected program designed to prepare students for prolonged success in a professional setting.
The Master of Arts in Management program is a blend of online and on-campus classes designed to give students advanced managerial skills in the global marketplace through areas of study in global business, entrepreneurship, and health care analytics.
An undergraduate degree in Management is not a prerequisite for the Master of Arts in Management. Current undergraduates should apply for admission during the fall prior to or spring of the year admission is sought. Students may choose to take either the GMAT or the GRE. The application deadline is July 1 for domestic students and April 15 for international students.
Who should consider the program:
- Business undergraduates who wish to earn a graduate degree via an additional year of advanced management coursework and hands-on project experience before moving into the workforce.
- Undergraduates without a business background who wish to blend their education background and skills with an intensive year of instruction in marketing to earn a graduate degree and enhance their employment opportunities.
- Individuals who are currently working in the private or public sector who wish to enhance their opportunities for upward mobility by earning an advanced degree, and building a deeper skill set in global business, entrepreneurship, or HR analytics.
- Individuals who wish to earn a masters degree en route to a possible doctorate in management.
The Master of Arts in Management program is a one-year program, beginning in the fall of the calendar year.
Information on the curriculum for the program can be found in the UA course catalog.
Admissions into the Master of Arts in Management program are accepted on a rolling basis.
Requirements to enter the program are below:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Transcripts from all colleges attended.
- A Statement of Purpose outlining your reasons for desiring the degree.
- An up-to-date Resume.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation.
- Minimum GMAT: 500
- Minimum GRE: 300
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Minimum TOEFL (International Students): 100 (or equivalent IELTS)
Tuition & Cost
Information on tuition and the cost of attending graduate school at The University of Alabama can be found on the UA student accounts website.
Please refer to the financial support page on the graduate school website for potential scholarships. Presently, the Master of Science in Finance program does not have any scholarships specifically dedicated to it.
Accelerate Masters Program
Take classes to earn your Masters of Arts in Management ahead of schedule by joining the Accelerated Masters Program (AMP).
Focused Areas of Study
Refine management skills while learning the complexities of managing businesses in a global arena.
Learn to meet the challenges of the global marketplace, and to navigate the complexities of managing in a culturally diverse environment. This program prepares students to become more competitive as business leaders who approach management issues from a global mindset.
Strategic Innovation, Entrepreneurship, & Growth
Learn critical skills for driving innovation and recognizing and creating opportunities in a rapidly changing, competitive global business environment.
Students will learn to utilize evidence-based tools to identify, create, and capitalize on promising business opportunities as they leverage value-creation strategies to help build and sustain competitive advantages for organizations. Graduates from this program will be positioned to work with larger complex organizations, start-up, and mid-size growth businesses and/or consulting firms.
Learn to leverage data-driven talent assessment, acquisition, development, and management techniques and strategies to provide HR executives with a strategic advantage in driving employee and organization performance.
This program prepares students to lead by leveraging data-driven strategies and techniques to drive talent identification, acquisition, and development and to align these critical skills with the firm’s strategy. Graduates of this program will be well-positioned to offer this critical skillset and capability within Human Resource departments and consulting firms.
Start your journey to Manderson
Eric Williams |Program Coordinator
- (205) 348-8920
- Alston 146
April Ingram | Director of Specialized Masters and Ph.D. Programs
- (205) 348-5497
- Bidgood 104C