The Master of Science in Marketing
A well-respected program designed to prepare students for prolonged success in a professional setting.
The Master of Science in Marketing is an intensive program designed to give students advanced analytical marketing skills and hands-on experience with which to launch a career in one of marketing’s many fast-growing fields: Marketing analytics and decision making; Marketing research and insight development; Management consulting and project management; Professional selling and sales management; Services marketing; and Digital and social media.
An undergraduate degree in Marketing is not a prerequisite for the Master of Science in Marketing. Current undergraduates should apply for admission during the fall or before the spring of the year admission is sought. Students may choose to take either the GMAT or the GRE. The application deadline is July 1 for domestic students and April 1 for international students.
Who should consider the program:
- Business undergraduates who wish to earn a graduate degree via an additional year of advanced marketing coursework and hands-on project experience before moving into the workforce
- Undergraduates without a business background who wish to blend their education background and skills with an intensive year of instruction in marketing to earn a graduate degree and enhance their employment opportunities
- Individuals who are currently working in the private or public sector who wish to enhance their opportunities for upward mobility by earning an advanced degree and building a deeper skillset in enhanced analytical and research techniques
- Individuals who wish to earn a master’s degree en route to a possible doctorate in marketing
The Master of Science in Marketing program is a one-year program, beginning in the fall semester of the calendar year.
Information on courses in the program can be found in the UA course catalog.
Admissions to the Master of Science in Marketing program are accepted on a rolling basis.
Below are the requirements for entry into the program:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Transcripts from all colleges attended.
- A Statement of Purpose outlining your reasons for desiring the degree.
- An up-to-date Resume.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation.
- Average GMAT score: 534
- Minimum GMAT: 550
- Minimum GRE: 300
- Average GPA: 3.5
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Minimum TOEFL (International Students): 100 (or equivalent IELTS)
Information on tuition and the cost of attending graduate school at The University of Alabama can be found on the UA student accounts website.
Please refer to the financial support page on the graduate school website for potential scholarships. Presently, the Master of Science in Finance program does not have any scholarships specifically dedicated to it.
Manderson students who have completed the Master of Science in Marketing program have been employed at:
- The Walt Disney Company
- Luckie Co.
- And many more!
Students interested in the Marketing Analytics concentration must score 580 or higher on the GMAT (308 GRE) and have made at least a B in college calculus. Students choosing the Marketing Analytics concentration should apply for summer acceptance to take ST 560 (available online).
Digital and Social Media Marketing
The Digital and Social Media Marketing concentration involves a deep dive into the new world of digital marketing, with an overview course in social media-based marketing strategy followed by courses in digital marketing analytics and advanced digital marketing. The world of digital and social media marketing is growing rapidly, with firms around the world scrambling to add digital components to their marketing strategies.
The Master’s in Marketing additionally offers two other focused areas of study, Marketing, Management, and Professional Sales. Contact us to learn more about these offerings.
The Sales Leadership concentration is an immersive, customizable program that provides cutting-edge industry practice, experiential role-play, and real-world examples for students who are ready for leadership roles within specific sectors of sales. We live in an ever-interconnected world with an increasing need for employment and continuous new company development, and the Sales Leadership concentration will develop students that can analyze, converse, and sell at the highest level.