EMBA Elite Spotlight: Patrick Ellinger

EMBA Elite Spotlight: Patrick Ellinger

Dr. Brian Gray, Patrick Ellinger, and Donna Blackburn at the EMBA graduation ceremony on May 3.
Associate Dean Brian Gray, Patrick Ellinger, and Director Donna Blackburn at the EMBA graduation ceremony on May 3.

This month’s edition of the EMBA Elite Spotlight Series is about Patrick Ellinger, who graduated from the Huntsville program with a 4.0 GPA this May. After earning his MBA, Patrick accepted a position as Senior Product Manager for Professional Services for Emerson Network Power. A Huntsville native, Patrick graduated Cum Laude with his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Marketing from the University of Alabama in Huntsville in 1995. He now has almost twenty years of experience in sales, operations, delivery, and management of IT Technical and Professional Services. He allocates much of the credit for his success to his early mentors as well as his wife and college sweetheart, Jennifer.

Patrick was inspired to pursue his Executive MBA because of his strong belief in education, learning, and continuous improvement. Although he is an Auburn fan, Patrick knew that UA’s EMBA program was the best choice for him. “I was born, raised, and am still very much today an avid Auburn University man. When my friends and family found out I was attending the University of Alabama’s EMBA program, they were in complete shock. After these two years, I can tell you I have made many close friends in my classmates, faculty, and administration.  I initially selected Alabama over other programs as it was a strong program and a better fit for my busy schedule with the Huntsville location option every other weekend. I now see the rivalry in a bigger picture and have a new appreciation for the Crimson Tide in my heart and am very grateful to the University for this experience and new life-long friendships.”

Patrick Emerson Photo -4

As Senior Product Manager for Professional Services, Patrick is responsible for validation and alignment of the pricing, positioning, and marketing of Emerson Network Power’s wide portfolio of Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) services. “This is truly an exciting opportunity for me and my career and the perfect launching point from my graduation from the EMBA program,” says Patrick. He also works with the product management and professional services delivery teams to ensure pristine customer satisfaction. Patrick describes his leadership style as transformational: “I strive to be a role model for growth and positive change that can motivate others through my optimistic nature and detailed commitment.” This transformational leadership style is one asset that helps Patrick fit seamlessly into his new role.

Emerson Network Power is driven by creative ideas and actions. The company provides innovative solutions for renewable energy, AC & DC power, precision cooling systems, and embedded computing, just to name a few. Not only does Emerson Network Power protect and optimize critical infrastructure for data centers, but also for communications networks, healthcare, industrial facilities, and more.

For more information about the Culverhouse College of Commerce Executive MBA Program, contact Cheryl Altemara at caltemara@cba.ua.edu or (205) 348-4501.